A Warm Welcome to Our Visitors
Thanks for visiting our web site. The church is located in Jackson, just down the hill from the High School, on the corner of Daisy and Dallas.
We hold an ancient and rich heritage in our hands. Our belief and practice is that which the Church has held from the beginning. At the same time, we're faithful to the living tradition of our Church as a witness to this generation. A bold claim indeed. We urge you, as did the Apostle Phillip to Nathaniel, "Come and see" (John 1:46).
Our vision is:
- We're the Body of Christ gathering in Southeast Missouri to live, celebrate, and hand down the Orthodox Christian Faith delivered to the Saints in the ancient, undivided Church.
- We build our lives around the teaching of the Apostles, worship, the Eucharist, fellowship, and a life prayer, that is to say, through active participation in the liturgical and sacramental of the Church.
- We strengthen our faith by providing religious education for children and youth, as well as study opportunities for adults.
- We support each other through clear communication, frequent social gathering, sharing needs, prayer, and helping each other.
- We strive to become a tithing community to provide a stable economic foundation for all our services, ministries, and charitable works.
The Orthodoxy you'll find here isn’t new or unique. In fact, the Orthodox Church, and particularly the Antiochian Archdiocese, has roots going back to the early Apostolic era. St. Luke records in the Book of Acts that "the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch" (Acts 11:26). You're most welcome to come and take part in our worship.
In the joy of the Resurrection,