Everything in the church is to be done with order and decorum, in a spirit of humility.
It's an honor and a privilege to serve in the Holy Place. We conduct ourselves properly, showing respect for the holiness of the place in which we serve, especially behind the iconostasis. No one is permitted to enter the Holy Place without a blessing from the priest.
- Enter through the vestry door, make three metanias before entering the door to the Holy Place.
- Fold your garment neatly and wait to receive a blessing. (You may approach the edge of the Holy Table and wait for a blessing. If he's praying, approach and whishper, "father, bless."
- You may then put on your robe and take your place.
- You're there to pray and serve.
- Listen to the "men in black" and do as they instruct you to do.
- Receive a blessing at the end of the service before removing your robe.
Note: Whenever a hierarch is present, you should approach him to be blessed. The priest doesn't bless when a hierarch is present.